- This event has passed.
ISO IWA Workshop #3
July 7, 2016 @ 9:00 am - July 8, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
July 7-8 2016
The ISO IWA Session #3 on Guidance Principles for the Sustainable Management of Secondary Metals took place on 7 and 8 July 2016 at the IUCN conservation centre in Gland, Switzerland.
The aim of the ISO IWA Session #3 was fourfold:
- To provide participants with an update of the comments received on the ‘Draft 1’ of the Guidance Principles during the Public Review and local consultations in Peru (February 2016), Kenya (February 2016) and India (June 2016).
- To collect feedback on the ‘Draft 2’ of the Guidance Principles for the revision of the next draft version.
- To provide the space and time for discussion on pending issues and inform about next steps.
- To identify related issues of relevance for consideration in future.
The ISO IWA Session #3 was the last face-to-face meeting before the publication of the Version 1.0 of the Guidance Principles, which it is expected by end 2016. While local stakeholder consultations and web-based international public consultations are open to all stakeholders, ISO IWA 19 Workshop Sessions can only be attended by ISO IWA 19 members (Resolution on Terms of Reference for participation in the ISO IWA 19, agreed on 1 December 2015.)
This activity is directed by the Swiss Association for Standardization (SNV) on behalf of the International Standards Organization (ISO) and supervised by the SRI Roundtable, which is hosted by the World Resources Forum (WRF).
Additional information: View the Workshop Agenda.
Download the materials presented during the event:
- Main PowerPoint of the ISO IWA 19 Session #3. Christine Carey (Christine Carey & CONSULTING ) & Sébastien Haye (E4tech)
- Where are we in the Guidance Principles process? Sonia Valdivia (WRF).
- Insights and inputs from the Indian consultation. Deepali Sinha (Sofies).
- Fact Sheets on Worst Practices in Secondary Metal Supply chain. Susanne Karcher (SAEWA).
- Plenary Discussion: Theory of Change. Sonia Valdivia (WRF).
Download the Meeting Report of the ISO IWA 19 Session #3.
If you are interested in joining the ISO IWA 19 process, please check here: How to participate?
If you want to be informed on dates of our next events or just would like to follow our activities, please register here.