- This event has passed.
ISO IWA Workshop Session #1
October 14, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - October 16, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
The ISO IWA Workshop Session #1 took place on 14-16 October 2015 in Davos, Switzerland, back to back with the WRF 2015 Conference. More than 50 participants from 16 countries participated in this first session, in which the background part and first section of the Guidance Principles (Draft 0 Section 1) was presented. ISO members, metals associations, recycling companies, Cleaner Production Centres, international NGOs and experts from research organizations and the academia were among those participants.
ISO confirmed the full name of the process and the resulting document of the Guidance Principles as ISO IWA 19.
This activity is directed by the Swiss Association for Standardization (SNV) on behalf of the International Standards Organization (ISO) and supervised by the SRI Roundtable, which is hosted by the World Resources Forum (WRF).
Additional information: View the Workshop invitation and background document.
Download the materials presented during the event:
- Process: ISO’s International Workshop Agreement (ISO/IWA), Rolf Widmer (SNV, Switzerland)
- Background and motivation of the IWA, Sonia Valdivia (WRF, Switzerland)
- Management and distribution of documents, Rolf Widmer (SNV, Switzerland)
- Agenda of Session #1
- Guidance Principles for Addressing Sustainability Criteria in Secondary Resources Management – Section 1, Draft 0, Sonia Valdivia (WRF, Switzerland)
- Introduction to the SAEWA – Status Quo and Quo Vadis, Susanne Yvonne Karcher (SAEWA, South Africa)
- Proposed timeline and process, Sonia Valdivia (WRF, Switzerland)
Visit the ISO/IWA Session #1 photo gallery on Facebook.
If you are interested in joining the ISO IWA process, please check here: How to participate?
If you want to be informed on dates of our next events or just would like to follow our activities, please register here.