Public Review of the Guidance Principles for the Sustainable Management of Secondary Metals
1 July – 31 July 2016
Objectives of the Guidance Principles
The overall aim of the Guidance Principles is to provide a credible and practical global framework for companies, governments, policy makers, NGOs, sustainability standard organisations and other interested stakeholders. The Guidance Principles are expected to support them in implementing and improving their environmental and socio-economic performance as well as working practices in the recovery and recycling of secondary metals. In particular, they shall ensure that sustainability aspects of secondary metals management (collection, recycling and disposal) are taken into account in the context of micro, small and medium enterprises and the informal sector in developing countries. If you want to learn more about the motivation, scope or process of the Guidance Principles, please click here.
To comment on the Draft 2 of the Guidance Principles please proceed as follows:
- Download the Guidance Principles Draft 2
- Provide us your comments using this template.
- Send us your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may want to read the following documents related to the publication of your comments:
- “Resolution on the publication of comments to the Guidance Principles by the general public”, agreed on 16 October 2015.
- “Resolution on the publication of comments to the Guidance Principles by members of the ISO IWA 19”, agreed on 1 December 2015.